Angelo State University BSN
Basic Information: Angelo State University is located in San Angelo, Texas. This program is set up for the entry-level freshman wishing to gain their BSN or transfer students who have completed their general education requirements.
Must Dos: Students must apply to Angelo State University and to the College of Nursing.
Program Length: Four years long.
- BIOL 2423 Human Anatomy
- BIOL 2424 Human Physiology
- MATH core (options: 1332 Contemporary Mathematics, 1324 Finite Mathematics or 1314 College Algebra)
- PSY 2301 General Psychology
- PSY 2304 Developmental Psychology
- CHEM 1406 Chemistry for the Health Professions
- NUR 2411 Microbiology for Health Professionals
- NUR 2330 Principles of Nutrition for the Health Care Professional
- ENGL 1301 English Composition
- ENGL 1302 Writing Across the Curriculum
- Language, Philosophy and Culture (options: ENGL Literature, PHIL 1301, 2306 or CUL 2323)
- HIST 1301 History of the US to 1865
- HIST 1302 History of the US, 1865 to Present
- POLS/GOVT 2305 Federal Government
- POLS/GOVT 2306 Texas Government
- General Studies 1181 Freshman Seminar
- Statistics (options: NUR 4337, MATH 3321, 1342 or PSY 2321)
- Creative Arts (options: ARTS 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304, MUSI 1306, 1310, 1313 or TH 1310)
- NUR 2324 Pathophysiology
- COMM 2315 Public Speaking
Prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of a C or better.
Prior Classwork Information: Students must have a a prior GPA of at least a 2.5 or better.
Application Information: The application for the College of Nursing can be found here at the bottom of the page under "application packet." Students must submit their application by February 15th for fall admission or September 15th for spring admission. The application information for the Angelo State University can be found here.
Admission Tests: Students must complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) nursing entrance assessment with at least a 70%. Students must also complete the SAT or ACT for admission to the university.
Tuition: Tuition information can be found here.
Updated: May 2018.