Kent State University BSN
Basic Information: Kent State University is located in Kent, Ohio. Students apply to this program as freshman and are admitted as pre-nursing majors.
Must Dos: Students must apply to Kent State University and the nursing major.
Program Length: Four years total.
Nursing Prerequisites: High school students should have one of the following combinations of grades:
- 2.7 overall high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and a minimum 22 ACT composite/1100 new SAT total score (1020 combined critical reading and mathematics score old SAT);
- Applicants with a 21 ACT composite score/1060 new SAT total score (or 980 SAT combined critical reading and mathematics score old SAT) need a 3.0 high school grade point average.
- Applicants with a 20 ACT composite score/1020 new SAT total score (or 940 SAT combined critical reading and mathematics score old SAT) need a 3.3 high school grade point average.
Once admitted to the university, students must complete Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, and Introduction to Organic Chemistry. These prerequisite courses must be completed with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75. Students can apply to the nursing program once the following are completed:
- 30 semester hours of college-level coursework, including in-progress
- A 2.75 cumulative GPA
- An overall average 2.75 GPA in the required science and math courses
- A 2.0 (C) or better in each of those courses
Prior Classwork Information: Students should have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.
Application Information: The application information for freshman applicants to Kent State University can be found here. The nursing application can be found here. Applications for fall admission are open from February through May (for the Kent, Geauga, Salem, Stark, and Trumball campuses). Applications for spring admission are open from mid-October through December (for Kent campus ONLY).
Admission Tests: Admission tests are found above in the "Nursing Prerequisites" section in conjunction with the overall high school GPA.
Tuition: Tuition information can be found here.
Financial Aid/Scholarships: Financial aid and scholarship information can be found here.
Updated: January 2018.